Following the success of the PNG LNG development, continued project expansion and exploration in Papua New Guinea, the outlook for PNG’s energy sector is positive, with attractive investment opportunities arising in the oil, gas and power markets. As PNG develops its National Gas Commercialisation Strategy, the PNG government considers how it can advance its financial infrastructure to gain international investment and provide third party access regimes.
Set against this transitioning energy landscape, the 2nd Papua New Guinea Petroleum & Energy Summit 2018 takes place from 19-21 March, 2018, and will be held under the patronage of the Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea, Rt. Hon. Peter O’Neill, CMG and endorsed by the Minister of Petroleum Hon. Dr Fabian Pok Mec Ph.D and Hon. Sam Basil, Minister of Communications, Information Technology & Energy.
The Summit brings together senior government officials from the Ministry of Petroleum and the Ministry of Communication, Technology & Energy, and all the major industry players working in PNG, to discuss current energy projects and the future strategies for expansion.
Distinguished speakers include:
· Hon. Peter O’Neill CMG, Prime Minister, Papua New Guinea
· Hon. Charles Abel, Deputy Prime Minister & Treasurer, Papua New Guinea
· Hon. Dr Fabian Pok Mec Ph.D MP, Minister of Petroleum, Papua New Guinea
· Hon. Sam Basil MP, Minister of Communications, Information Technology & Energy
· Masato Sasaki, Director, Oil & Gas Division, Ministry of Economy, Trade & Industry (METI), Japan
· Wapu Sonk, Managing Director, Kumul Petroleum Holdings Limited
· Andrew Barry, Managing Director, ExxonMobil PNG Limited
· Peter Botten, Managing Director, Oil Search
· Philippe Blanchard, Managing Director, Total E&P PNG
· Hiroki Sato, Senior Executive Vice President & Chief Fuel Transactions Officer, JERA
The Summit will look to address the current opportunities and projects in PNG’s petroleum and energy industry and attendees can expect the following topics to be discussed:
· Current energy outlook and plans for PNG’s petroleum and energy regulator
· Power sector: progress towards reliability, affordability & access
· Key operators: hear the latest information on existing and new projects
· New upstream exploration activities planned and underway in PNG
· Latest updates from the National Gas Commercialisation Strategy