It is estimated that as of December 2013, there were 1,331,600 foreigners working in Singapore, says Manpower Minister Tan Chuan-Jin.
In a written response, Mr Tan said that excluding about 224,500 foreign domestic workers, there were 1,107,100 foreigners employed across different sectors in Singapore. He added that the breakdown by nationality is not publicly available.
In addition, the minister said the construction and food and beverage industries are on the list of the top 10 sectors employing the most number of foreigners as of December 2013.
See the full list below:
2. Building and Repairing of Ships and Boats (Marine)
3. Wholesale Trade
4. Food & Beverage Services
5. Professional Services
6. Transportation & Storage
7. Fabricated Metal Products, Machinery & Equipment
8. Petroleum, Chemical & Pharmaceutical Products
9. Administrative & Supportive Services
10. Electronic, Computer & Optical Products